1. Students must have been an active participant in an athletic activity for each of the
three years at MCHS. Transfer students must show proof of involvement at the previous school.
2. Students must have a cumulative core course GPA of 2.5 at the end of the 1st semester of their Senior year for the general Scholarship.
3. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) or students must have been involved in Athletic Booster Club
activities for a minimum of 20 hours at time of application (with preference being a
minimum of 10 hours a year).
4. Students must be pursuing secondary education at a college, university, vocational or technical school upon graduation from MCHS and provide proof of acceptance or
5. Ten (10) Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each; five male athletes and/or team managers and five female athletes and/or team managers if sufficient acceptable applications are submitted by each gender.
6. Only one Scholarship per student.
7. Should there be an insufficient number of qualified applicants by the deadline date, the committee may choose one of the following options (in no particular order):
a. Choose to distribute the scholarship to any qualified applicant regardless of
b. Seek advisement from the Athletic Booster Club Board as to the distribution
8. Students must submit a minimum of two (2) recommendation letters, with at least one
(1) from a coach and one (1) from a teacher.
9. Students must submit an essay of at least 250 words on why they should be the
recipient of the Athletic Booster Club general scholarship.